Thursday, March 17, 2011

Letter from Killyman, County Tyrone, Ireland

This letter was written to 2nd Great grandfather Richard Simpson , May 17, 1863

;;;;;;;;;

My Dear Brother,

I have long thought on your not writing me, if there is a cause for so dong it is more than I know the reason. Your capital I think would afford to write your sister, you may think me (illegible) but I do not think this way. I think I might not care what I should write my brother and I hope you will look on this as coming from the hand of near relation. For my part I have lots of relations ... friends I believe I am the lowest in circumstances therefore I hope you will acknowledge me and answer to this note. I believe your capital is very strong and I trust you will remember me soon. I have written you several letters besides sending you word by my friends but of no use it has seemed.
I have looked on it this way that perhaps you did not get them or no word spoken to you. Our day might not be long in this life then our troubles will be over. This country has got a great change for the worse by reason of bad trade. I need not mention this as you know all this already. I send my kind love to Mrs. & children also accept the same yourself as it is all I have in my power. My husband to send his love to you all the parties that writes this is a great friend of ours and hopes you will give praise to the write by answering soon.
(Brother John is well)

From your affect. Sister Jane Dilworth care of Thomas Cross

Mayrow? (illegible) Killyman County Tyrone.

..............

No comments: